er1-150×150.jpg” alt=”” width=”150″ height=”150″ />Paranormal or ‘dark’ romance is the literary phenomenon of the past few years in YA. But what is it that makes these books so compelling, particularly to teenagers? In this episode we discuss the main features of these books, and analyse what the fans say about them.
Download the episode by clicking
In this episode you’ll hear about:
- Lauren’s secret obsession with paranormal romance and Twilight in particular, and Clementine’s attempt at analysing it psychologically.
- Mary Sues and handsome dangerous supernatural creatures.
- Teenage fans who are much more critical and sophisticated than you may think.
- Why we tend to skip the end of Jane Eyre.
- The war between sexuality and chastity.
We hope you enjoy it! If you do, please spread the word…
As always, if you have any comments or questions, leave them on this post or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
And here are some of the books we’ll be discussing…