Funny books for kids abound. But can children really understand humour? And what’s the hidden side of all these jokes and puns?
- Full-frontal snogging, being wimpy, and why we like hearing about our flaws.
- Adults who think children don’t get jokes. We dun like them.
- Slapstick, parody, irony, puns, and all the nuances of what we call ‘humour’.
- Translating humour: is it even possible? And a debate on cultural imperialism, no less.
- People who despise funny books, and people who study Pippi Longstocking.
And here are some of the books we’ll be discussing..
Email us at email@example.com !